For a fun and exciting summer camp experience for school-age children throughout Gainesville, VA and beyond, Haymarket Children’s Academy offers Camp Blue Ridge. This 10-week program is a day camp adventure that is far more than mere childcare. Camp Blue Ridge is an experience kids will love as they make memories that will last a lifetime.
Each day presents new opportunities. They will get to spend time enjoying the outdoors, exploring a variety of new activities and interests and playing with friends both new and old — all under the watchful supervision of our caring and attentive staff who ensure your child’s safety.
What Kids Do at HCA’s Camp Blue Ridge
If you need to find a day camp for your school-age kids, look no further than Camp Blue Ridge. Every week we take the kids on a field trip to explore some of the area’s most exciting sites, including activities and attractions in Washington D.C. Plus, twice a week your child will get wet and wild at Splash Down Water Park.
However, what makes Camp Blue Ridge such an excellent summer camp option are the exciting camp activities found right here on our four-acre Haymarket Children’s Academy campus. Our staff will lead your child in a variety of different play and learning opportunities as they enjoy the outdoors and explore our designated building for school-age children, the Outpost.
Some of the activities your child will get to participate in on the HCA campus includes:
- Playing outside on our age-appropriate playgrounds and jungle gyms
- Exploring nature as they wander our nature/bike trails, enjoy the garden or discover our outdoor learning center
- Listening and learning from guest speakers
- Playing sports, whether it be activities in our full-size gym, the gaga pit or our sports mini-camps
- Trying their hand at new activities like archery, cooking, arts and crafts, science projects and more
- Enjoying our 10,000 square-foot space called the Outpost which is set up like a small town main street complete with a theater, library, art gallery, toy shop, arcade, apothecary, cafe, construction zone and Capitol Lounge for older kids.
- And much, much more.
New Summer Fun at Camp Blue Ridge
Children can also pick between two different field trip options during select weeks of the year, which give them the freedom to discover the activities that interest them the most. Every week, we provide different destinations, in addition to weekly water park trips, satisfying your child’s desire for adventure and learning. We’re so lucky to live in an area where entertainment opportunities abound.
There are amusing activities in the Gainesville and Haymarket region as well as surrounding areas in Virginia and Washington, D.C. Just a few of the places we will travel this summer include:
- Burke Lake
- Movie theatre
- Burnside Farms
- Trampoline park
- Air & Space Museum
- Laser tag
- Lake Arrowhead Beach
Campers can enjoy free play in our awesome facility that has a full-size gym, multiple age-appropriate outdoor play areas, and centers for kids to explore their interests, in addition to going on the two field trips a week, plus the weekly water park visit.
For a full schedule of camp activities, check out our monthly calendars for June, July and August below!
New Choices at Camp Blue Ridge
Kids love receiving the freedom to decide which activities to participate in. Every Monday and Friday, they get a chance to plan their afternoon activities, each one led by a teacher. We offer eight activities each week, so your child can repeat something they liked on Monday or try something entirely new. We break the activities into different groups to ensure kids have a chance to exercise their bodies and their minds.
Just a few examples of the choices we may offer at Camp Blue Ridge include:
- Outside: Baseball, capture the flag, water balloon toss
- Toy Shop: Musical chairs, checkers tournament, summer bingo
- STEAM Lab: Edible slime, rainbow paper, build an airplane
- Gym: Steal the bacon, flag football, dodgeball
- Art: Mask making, egg carton animals, marble painting
- Library: Limbo, mad libs, find the brain
- Construction: Build a bridge, Beyblade tournament
- Theatre: Drama games, charades, scavenger hunt
- Cafe: Fruit cupcakes, banana in a bag, ocean Jell-O
Why Parents Love HCA’s Summer Camp
When you drop your kids off at HCA for our 10-week Camp Blue Ridge, you can rest assured that this will be a fun, educational and safe experience for your school-age child. We’ve customized this program to ensure kids get to do more than they would at other Gainesville area summer camp programs.
Choosing Haymarket Children’s Academy has a number of distinct advantages you won’t find elsewhere, such as:
- Prioritizing safety: We believe the safety of your child is of the utmost importance. That’s why, whether we’re on campus or a field trip, your child is closely supervised by our highly qualified staff. The location of our campus is off any main roads to ensure our facility remains a safe and private location. Plus, we’ve installed safety measures like fob-accessed doors, cameras and even a six-foot wall surrounding our campus.
- Age-appropriate activity choices: Although our campus hosts programs for nursery and preschool-aged children, our summer camp caters to the interests of school-age kids. In fact, our school-age building and designated playgrounds are specifically designed for their level of play.
- All-inclusive: At Camp Blue Ridge, all activities and amenities are included in the cost, so there are no surprise fees. This includes snacks and meals for your child prepared by our on-site chef, any transportation needs and all field trips and campus activities.
Camp Blue Ridge Summer Tuition
Camp Blue Ridge offers the flexibility for parents to choose which and how many weeks they would like their child to attend. We also offer the options for campers to attend on a full-time or part-time basis.
Our weekly tuition rates are as follows:
- 5 days per week — $320/week
- 4 days per week — $280/week
- 3 days per week — $230/week
Parents with two or more children attending Camp Blue Ridge receive a 5% discount on their second child. Additionally, we offer a $150 discount to parents who enroll their children & pre-pay for 6 weeks or more by May 7th, 2021.
Find out What Makes Camp Blue Ridge Gainesville’s Best Summer Camp
Don’t wait to find out more about Haymarket Children’s Academy’s Camp Blue Ridge. We invite you to contact us today. We’d be happy to answer any questions you have and to schedule a tour so that you can see for yourself all the exciting activities available at our expansive campus.
We looked all over for the right summer camp for our 8 year old. She wanted sports, the water park, field trips, and the typical activities you expect at camp. Camp Blue Ridge has it all. Also, I really appreciate the pricing is all inclusive. No hidden fees and you choose the number of weeks to attend. Our daughter had so much fun and she will definitely be back next year!S. Ramos